Re-wiring Accident

Where to start...well...I've never believed in accidents. Everything happens for a reason...is my life's mantra. I can see my kids eyes rolling back in those precious heads as it was embedded into their memory banks.
Rewind to 2007... it was my friend, V's, 25th b-day. She came from the east coast to attend the Boulder College of Massage Therapy, where we met. V was alone and as a mom, there was no way I would allow her to sit home alone eating take out. Not gonna happen. Helloooo...25 is an occasion to celebrate!

At, 25 I was already married with 2 kids in elementary school. My own 25th birthday...hell...it was celebrated several months later at a combined birthday/BBQ. Nothing special.  Maybe I needed to celebrate my new single life? Yes.  Yes I did! I'd been married 1/2 my life and now I could go have fun without compromise.  I could feel in my gut tonight was the start of a new life.

Look out world...a new Kristy is emerging as we celebrate the 25th anniversary of my Scorpio friend's birth!

Dinner at a great Mexican restaurant was followed by dancing at a club on Boulder's Pearl St. Mall.  I'm normally too shy to dance, but I made a conscious decision to live outside my comfort zone..to finally live MY life. A crazy thing happened - I had FUN!

Since we left Boulder before midnight we watched a movie before I drove the short 12 miles to my place.  Being a single mom, I needed to get home. Can't have mom rolling in after the kids' curfew ya know!  Not my style. Uber responsible me played by the rules.  Okay maybe not ALL the rules, but Pollyanna is me. (Movie buff am I...I'm not THAT old...ever see the movie? Bit profound looking on it now. Watch it!)

Anywho....
V walked me to my car. She hugged me while making me promise to let her take me out dancing in Denver the next weekend. I promised...the place offered free Salsa lessons!  Waving bye and feeling on top of the world, I pulled out of the apartment complex slowing to a stop in the left turn lane. Taking advantage of the red light, I sat forward wrapping my arms over the steering wheel to gaze at the moon over the Flatiron's. I smiled to myself as I turned onto the deserted street. I felt fabulous stepping out of my shell and it didn't kill me. I was liberated! Yay me!

I lost my Focus
And then.... I woke up in my car on the side of a dark road with no clue where I was or how I got there. Little did I know, I just had a Re-wiring accident.

Kristy V.2.0 was born during that "in-between" time of moon worshipping and awakening in....of all things...her Ford Focus. I knew I would step into a new life...this just wasn't what I expected, but then Life never is....is it? 

And no...I still do not believe in accidents. Everything in life does happen for a reason. Sometimes we find what, on the surface, is a tragic turn of events transforms into a magical journey to our Destiny. At least that's how I choose to look a this "accident."

Comments

Popular Posts