Friday the 13th - Fabulous Day!

I've been in a funk lately.  By lately I mean since November.  It took me awhile to realize that I reverted to my codependent ways and started a new blog http://LifesLaundryLine.blogspot.com/ as I work through my worn and torn copy of Melody Beattie's book The Language of Letting Go, Daily Meditations for Codependents.  I've found this book helpful for pretty much all of Life's thrills and spills.  You don't have to be codependent for it to help.  After my car accident it saved me.


Anywho...I've always loved Friday the 13th because it's been a magical day for me.  And it did not let me down today.  I am out of my funk and into overflowing joy.  Problems that I wasn't able to solve became clear today.  Depression makes a huge difference on how our brain functions.  While I know this, it's another thing to be in the dregs and not be able to pull yourself out.

I can only attribute knowing these days are lucky for me that the tide changed.  It's felt like I was caught in a rip tide and unable to swim ashore...even swimming parallel to the shore didn't work.  While I normal analyze everything to death, today I'm just allowing myself to feel the gratitude.  No need to figure out why or how...I'm just going to bask in the glow and know everything will work out for me ...when it is in my best interest.

Be grateful for the good days, when joy overflows.  Is there something you can do to store it for a rainy day?  I'm not sure, but I'm gonna try.  Maybe associate the smell of lemon essential oil to this feeling would work. ;-)

Kristy


Comments

Popular Posts