Eastern Body Western Mind

I'm on a path to wholeness.  While going through my baggage, lightening my load, I've experienced several Aha! moments.  AKA "Pulling a Homer" in my household...a Doh! moment.  Meaning...well hell, I already knew that!  Not only do I know it, but I've taught other's.  Dammit.

As I began packing for my move to Colorado I came across a few books that were required reading in massage school.  When I first read these books I was aware that I already knew the content.  However, the material was presented in a way that combined several systems (Chakras, body armour, energetic systems, psychology, martial arts) that address the "onion layers" that create each individual.  I was actually thrilled to see somebody else already combined these systems.  Knowing they go together and sewing them myself...no longer necessary..only sharing what I know.

The books are:  Eastern Body Western Mind, Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self by Anodea Judith and The Anatomy of Change, A Way to Move Through Life's Transitions by Richard Strozzi Heckler.  I've gone through a bunch of change this past year.  It's about time I take control back into my own hands.

They say write about what you know.  Well, I know trauma. Brain injury aside, I've lived a life full of traumatic experiences from growing up with drug addicted siblings, living in an abusive marriage, the death of my parents and my conjoined twin grand-daughters...these are just the chart toppers.  The way I've made my way through these life altering events is to remember I'm an energetic being.  That by grounding myself in the moment I will live without regrets or fear.  Where I mess up the most is in the daily living of Life.  I forget to do my grounding work, meditation and visualizations to root me in the here and now.

My world has shifted once again since being back in Colorado for a little over a week now.  Some of my "gifts" are returning....not a lick of control, but I'm thrilled none the less.  I've been groundless.  It took a lot of inner work to realize this groundlessness was the problem.  Finding ground again renews my spirit and connection to this so called Life.  A purpose has finally come to me and I'll share it as the information unfolds.  Until then, I hope you find your ground and stay rooted in the moment.  Happiness can only be found within.  Don't look externally for it, for it is not there.  Namaste

Kristy

Comments

Popular Posts